LPS-Biosciences is an innovative Biotech SME established in 2011 with strong expertise in bacterial endotoxins and structural analysis with 40 years of research at the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS). The company addresses and meets the endotoxins related needs of the biggest industrial groups in human and animal health, cosmetics, agriculture, and agri-food sectors, through service delivery, production, and partnership R&D. We are also working with academic laboratories to advance research on pathogens and conduct innovative projects in the vaccines and diagnostic domains.
As part of the development of our activity in biotechnology and growth of our team, we are looking for a scientific manager. Reporting to the head of laboratory, you will be managing a team of technicians working for our clients. This will include planning and execution of research projects, quality control management, as well as budget of your team. To do this, you will accomplish the following tasks:
- Scientific responsibility of your team (manipulations, customer relationship, reports)
- Management of your team (security, organization, animation, training)
- Quality management (customer focus, standardization, feedback)
- Project management (project planning, tracking of time planned and carried out)
- Track costs associated with your missions (orders, budget, fundraising)
Young PhD in analytical biochemistry having a first experience of at least 2 years post-
doctoral or company, and willing to manage a team.
Desired technical skills:
- Experience in analytical Biochemistry: Structures of lipids, polysaccharides, or GlycoLipids such as LPS.
- Structural characterization by chromatography, Mass Spectrometry (MALDI) and NMR
- Quality Control Tests (colorimetric, spectroscopy, electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE)
- Purification through different techniques of centrifugation or Size Exclusion Chromatography
- Manipulation of solvents, chemicals.
Desired behavioral skills:
- Team spirit and motivation for management of laboratory technicians
- Independence, good organization, seriousness and professionalism
- Customer orientation Commitment toward quality and results
- Excellent communication, oral and written, in French and English